An audio-visual collaboration between Wiklow, Diagraf and EWERX, Liquid Architecture approaches generative composition in an immersive environment. Combining LIDAR data and creative modeling, real-world buildings and structures and imaginary landscapes are displaced and reconstructed point-by-point in a 3D immersive projection environment.
This project was conceived and developed under the artist-in-residence program at the Société des arts technologiques in Montréal. It was in development for most of the year, and multiple iterations were produced and presented in a variety of formats. This was the most challenging visuals project I have worked on, mainly because we used new and unfamiliar tools and techniques, which involved much experimentation and exploration. I learned a great deal and am very grateful for the privilege to work with my talented collaborators, Michael Dean (Wiklow) and Patrick Trudeau (Diagraf).
Refer to Wiklow’s excellent write-up for a more in-depth look at the project, the artistic vision and technical implementation.
Liquid Architecture performances/presentations:
- IX Symposium [Demo]. La Société des arts technologiques. Montreal, Canada. 2 June 2017.
- MUTEK Montréal. La Société des arts technologiques. Montreal, Canada. 24 August 2017.
- Festival TransArt. Stahlbau PICHLER. Bolzano, Italy. 10 September 2017.
- MAPP MTL. Moment Factory. Montréal, Canada. 7 October 2017.
- Satosphère. La Société des arts technologiques. Montreal, Canada. 31 October – 25 November 2017.
- MUTEK.MX. Papalote Museo del Niño. Mexico City, Mexico. 21-23 November 2017.